Part of the unique sweetness of the Producer comes from the combination of a custom pine cabinet, a thinner floating baffle and British-style speakers. Coupled with exclusive Mercury Magnetics transformers, these elements allow the amp to cover a lot of ground. Certain settings on this amp suggest EL34s, but, in fact, the Producer runs 6L6 output tubes for their strength and response to the unique output transformer. The Distortion channel is one of Morris’ most versatile. The CRUNCH control and related circuitry is designed to be bright and tight; the DRIVE control dials in levels of fatness/fullness. Morris has added a switch to allow a choice of American-British characteristics.
The Clean channel along with the response of a floating baffle fills the room! It works great with single coils or humbuckers.
Speaker choice is a combination of a Celestion Vintage 30 and a Celestion Greenback – as they best support the wide variety of possibilities in both channels.
For those who miss reverb an effects loop is installed to accommodate some of the great new pedals out in the market.
- 2 Channels,clean and distortion, foot switchable
- 45 watts, tube rectification, 6L6 output tubes
- 2×12″ speaker combo – Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30
- Custom pine cabinet with floating birch ply baffle- All tube effects loop
- Completely hand-wired, with eyelet board
- Custom Mercury Magnetics transformers