Morris has combined their popular Rockgrinder with their Morris Hot Classic to make an extremely versatile new amp, The Grinder.
Morris amplifiers are known throughout the world for the “grind” they produce and this amp, of all the Morris models, captures that “grind” at its best. It’s ideal for playing everything from fusion to blues to rock, and regardless of how hard you drive the amp, you will always hear the “wood” of your guitar. The very versatile distortion channel goes from low gain old-school cranked British sounds (adjustable with the master volume to very low levels) to both smooth ‘n clean and wild high gain American sounds.
Patterned after the best Blackface ’60s era design, Morris has a full 12AX7 preamp tube driving the tone stack on the clean channel which has been described as a great vintage amp on its own. Adding even more to the versatility of both channels, the power supply is switchable between a GZ34/5AR4 rectifier tube or silicone diodes. This in itself can take the amp from early ’60s to late ’80s and beyond.
- Lead and rhythm master volumes (on the distortion channel allow for 2 foot switchable volumes giving an adjustable boost or cut).
- The BR / AM switch, standing for British or American, switches a special British flavor circuit drawn from the Morris Hot Classic in or completely takes it out of the circuit.
- High voltage FET effects loop with a strong buffer and transparent return was incorporated as part of the circuit design, ensuring no change in sound or level when plugging effects in.
- New power transformer, designed for today’s higher AC Line Voltages of up to 125 VAC.
- Custom Mercury Magnetics output transformer.
- Also designed for today’s tubes that have trouble with higher screen voltages.
- Completely hand wired eyelet boards for the most touch sensitive, organic feel and tone available.
- 2 foot switchable channels, plus foot switchable lead and rhythm masters
- Independent treble, mid, bass controls for each channel
- Global presence control
- Series effects loop- 1 x GZ34/5AR4 rectifier tube
- 4 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 2 x EL34 output tubes
- 45 clean watts
- Dimensions: (H) 9″ x (W) 26″ x (D) 8-1/4″